Forbidden to remember, terrified to forget

Thursday, December 17, 2009

From New Moon. Yeah, I'm one of those people. But it's actually a valid point. There so much instances in my life where I can relay almost exact conversation, or things that have spanned over months but I can remember it perfectly. Is this really a good thing? Or is it better to forget? I can't decide if it's worth it to struggle to hold onto these memories. They don't seem like they'll disappear anytime soon, but I'm already afraid of the day when I wake up and they're not there. One could argue that it's all these things that make up a person. Remembering exact instances aren't important, because it's what you got out of them that make up who you are today. Sometimes being able to remember the little things is all that I have left to hold onto, and it's organized and makes me relieved when I can still all play it back in my head. But on the other hand, sometimes it hurts, feels like it'd be better to forget some things, and just continue along with the memories on the road behind me. I haven't yet decided which side I've been on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Pocket